Donor Advised Funds
A Donor Advised Fund – one of the fastest-growing giving tools in the country – is an ideal way to simplify your charitable giving, gain immediate tax deductions, and easily support causes you care about – all on your own timeframe. With a Donor Advised Fund at The Foundation, you will join a large family of over 1,400 dedicated philanthropists and amplify your charitable impact.
cash • stock • real estate
a donor advised fund
Here’s How it Works
- Start with a simple letter of agreement and a contribution of $5,000 or more in cash, securities, and other assets.
- Contact our Center for Designed Philanthropy team, who will identify outstanding programs and organizations that address causes you're passionate about.
- Enjoy 24/7 online access to your fund and recommend grants of $100 or more through our online donor services portal.
- Tax receipts for online donations are sent immediately via email and PDF.
- Explore our investment options for a balance of $50,000 or more.
Top 5 Reasons to Open a Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
These are just five of the many reasons why Donor Advised Funds are rapidly growing in popularity among people who are passionate about charitable giving and want to make a lasting difference.
Conduct all of your charitable giving through one centralized fund dedicated entirely to your philanthropic pursuits. Through our secure and confidential Donor Services Online portal, you can recommend an unlimited number of grant distributions (minimum $100) from your DAF, 24/7.
Our experts are readily available to help answer your questions about giving. When you call during business hours, you can directly reach our Center for Designed Philanthropy team of advisors who can provide guidance about emerging issues, cutting-edge nonprofits, and giving opportunities locally, nationally, and in Israel, among other things.
For each contribution to your fund, you qualify for an immediate fair-market-value tax deduction.
The Foundation's annual fee is 1.5% of the DAF's assets, a portion of which funds The Foundation's grants programs, increasing the impact your dollars make in the community.
With a DAF, you can carry out your charitable giving more simply and cost effectively than a private family foundation.
*The Foundation does not provide legal or tax advice. Please consult your professional advisor.
Interested in exploring more?
Contact us at 323.761.8704 or fill out the form below.