About The Foundation
For more than 67 years, The Foundation has helped individuals, institutions and professional advisors have the greatest possible impact on both the Jewish community and the community at large.
We are the largest manager of charitable assets and the leader in planned giving solutions for Greater Los Angeles Jewish philanthropists. The Foundation currently manages more than $1.4 billion of assets entrusted to it by over 1,300 families and ranks among the 10 largest Los Angeles foundations. In 2020, The Foundation and its donors distributed $116 million in grants to nearly 3,000 nonprofits with programs that span the range of philanthropic giving. Over the past 12 years, it has distributed more than $1 billion to thousands of nonprofits across a diverse spectrum.
Whether you're starting on a modest scale or you oversee more substantial personal or institutional assets, we'll help you or your clients:
- Define your philanthropic goals
- Assess your full range of giving options
- Optimize your savings on capital gains, estate and income taxes
- Customize your giving and maximize results
- Build a charitable family legacy
- Create income for your retirement or for loved ones after you're gone
- Stay informed about charitable giving opportunities
- Manage the day-to-day administration of your funds properly
“At the Jewish Community Foundation, we live a steadfast commitment to Jewish values by addressing the most pressing humanitarian, societal, and cultural needs. This is made possible by the compassion and generosity of our family of donors. Working together, we strengthen our community and ensure its future.”
Marvin I. Schotland
President & CEO