Cathy Siegel Weiss is a trustee and co-chair of the Investment Committee at the Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles. She became a trustee in 1994, and previously served as chair of The Foundation and its Center for Designed Philanthropy Advisory Committee. Mrs. Siegel Weiss is extensively involved in the Jewish, civic, and political arenas, and most recently served as co-chair of the Board of Trustees of Children's Hospital Los Angeles. She was the first woman president of the Los Angeles Chapter of the American Jewish Committee (AJC), previously chaired AJC's National Advocacy Task Force, and has served on a number of other national AJC committees. She also served on the boards of the Center for Early Education at the Hebrew Union College Board of Overseers, the Beverly Hills Education Foundation, the Los Angeles City Human Relations Commission, the UCLA Chancellor's Community Advisory Commission, and the Los Angeles Coalition of 100 Steering Committee. Mrs. Siegel Weiss earned her bachelor's degree from Stanford University and her law degree from Hastings Law School, and practiced entertainment law for 20 years prior to becoming president of a family investment firm. She is a member of the State Bar of California.
- Lay leadership
Community Leadership Summary:
- Foundation trustee and past chair; co-chair, Investment Committee
- Past co-chair, Children's Hospital Los Angeles Board of Trustees
- Past chair, Jewish Television Network Board
- Past president, Los Angeles Chapter of the American Jewish Committee (AJC); past chair of AJC's National Advocacy Task Force
- Past trustee, Center for Early Education, Hebrew Union College Board of Overseers; the Beverly Hills Education Foundation; the Los Angeles City Human Relations Commission; the UCLA Chancellor's Community Advisory Commission; the Los Angeles Coalition of 100 Steering Committee