To learn more about our General Community Grantees, visit our searchable database, Our Grantees.
APPLICATIONS FOR GENERAL COMMUNITY GRANTS ARE BY INVITATION ONLY.
Serving the Los Angeles Community at large, General Community Grants reflect The Foundation's commitment to tikkun olam ("repairing the world"). Each year, we focus on a different high priority concern in Los Angeles. The General Community Grants program is an invitation only process and unsolicited proposals are not considered.
Prior focus areas include grants for Human Trafficking, Foster Youth: College Access & Career Readiness, Domestic & Sexual Violence Prevention and Support, Permanent Supportive Housing for the Homeless, Early Childhood Development, Financial Literacy and Veterans Support, Gang Prevention and Intervention, Emergency Assistance for Basic Needs.
In 2018, The Foundation and its donors honored our General Community Grantees at a special event, Your Time to Shine. We saluted our grantees who work every day to make Los Angeles stronger and address its most pressing needs. View a video of the event.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant was invited to submit an application.
- Applicant is a 501c3 nonprofit or has a qualified 501c3 fiscal sponsor.
- Applicant serves communities of color in Los Angeles and is rooted in the community it serves.
- Applicant has a primary focus on the year’s focus area.
Grants are not made for:
- Operational Support
- Building/Renovation Projects
- Research Programs
- Film/Documentary Projects
See our General Community Grants Brochure for a list of previous General Community Grant recipients.