Board of Trustees, Leadership
The Foundation has a remarkable staff and board. Among other things, we offer a nurturing environment for a multi-generational process that strengthens families through philanthropy. My goal is to continue to ensure that The Foundation is an attractive vehicle for philanthropists that care about making a difference.
Lawrence Rauch is president of Los Angeles Cold Storage. He is a former chair of the Jewish Community Foundation and serves as chair of the Executive Committee. Mr. Rauch is past treasurer and chair of its Finance Committee, is a past chair of its Grants Committee and has been a trustee or Advisory Board member since 1982. In addition to his work with The Foundation, he has been active with Jewish Family Service since 1976, including serving as president from 1982 to 1984. He served on the Jewish Federation’s Planning and Allocation Committees in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley (which he chaired), the Personnel Committee, the Priority Setting Committee and the Multiple Appeals Committee. He served as chair of the Central City East Association and the World Food Logistics Organization. He has also served on the Los Angeles Downtown Strategic Plan Action Committee, the Mayor’s Task Force on Central City East, and on the Board of Directors of the Natural Fisheries Institute. He is a past chair of the International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses. He holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas and a master’s degree in finance from Southern Methodist University. He and his wife, Linda, have three children and live in Encino.
- Nonprofit leadership
- Professional association leadership
Community Leadership Summary:
- Former Foundation chair and chair of Executive Committee
- Past Foundation treasurer, Finance Committee chair
- Past president, Jewish Family Service
- Past chair, Jewish Federation Valley Alliance and Allocation Committee Member, Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles Planning and Allocation Committee, Personnel Committee, Priority Setting Committee, Multiple Appeals Committee
- Past chair, Central City East Association
- Member, Los Angeles Downtown Strategic Plan Action Committee and Mayor’s Task Force on Central City East