More on Philanthropy
Grantmaking Focus: Capacity Building
- Edelsberg, C. From Strength to Greater Strength: How Capacity-Building Grants Elevate Organizations. San Francisco: GrantCraft, A Service of Foundation Center, 2015.
- Pond, A. & J. Bokoff. Supporting Grantee Capacity: Strengthening Effectiveness Together. GrantCraft, A Service of Foundation Center, 2015.
- Stevens, S. K. Nonprofit Lifecycles: Stage-based Wisdom for Nonprofit Capacity. Wayzata, MN: Stagewise Enterprises Inc., 2002.
- Strengthening Nonprofit Capacity. Grantmakers for Effective Organizations, 2015.
Grantmaking Focus: General Operating Support
- Abadia, M.G., & J. Lin. Nonprofit Cost Analysis Toolkit: Six Steps to Finding the True Costs of Programs. The Bridgespan Group, 2009.
- Gregory, A.G., & D. Howard. The Nonprofit Starvation Cycle. Stanford Social Innovation Review, 2009.
- Morino, M. Leap of Reason: Managing to Outcomes in an Era of Scarcity. Venture Philanthropy Partners in Partnership with McKinsey & Company, Morino Institute, 2011.
- Shoemaker, P. Re-Constructing Philanthropy from the Outside-in: A Funder-to-Funder Point of View. Social Venture Partners, Fall 2009.
- Taylor, A., J. Harold, & K. Berger. The Overhead Myth. Letter in partnership with Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance, Guidestar USA, and Charity Navigator, October 2014.
- 2018 State of the Nonprofit Sector Survey. Nonprofit Finance Fund, 2018.
- Bugg-Levine, A. Moving Beyond Business as Usual. The Center of Effective Philanthropy, 2012.
- The Complete Guide to Grantmaking Basics: A Field Guide for Funders. Council on Foundations, 2008.
- Zinsmeister, K. Almanac of American Philanthropy. Philanthropy Roundtable, 2016.
- Zunz, O. Philanthropy in America: A History. Princeton University Press, 2012.
- Adams, K. The Complete Estate Planning Guide. New American Library, 1994.
- Ashton, D. The Complete Guide to Planned Giving. JLA Publications, 1998.
- Bishop, M. & M. Green. Philanthrocapitalism – How the Rich Can Save the World. Bloomsbury Press, 2008.
- Bolman, Lee & T. Deal. Leading with Soul. Jossey Bass, 1995.
- Bronfman, C. & J. Solomon. The Art of Giving. Jossey-Bass, 2009.
- Condon, G. & J. Condon. Beyond the Grave – The Right Way and Wrong Way to Leaving Money to Your Children. Harper Collins, 2014,
- Conrad W. & W. Glenn. The New Effective Voluntary Board of Directors. Swallow Press, 2003.
- Fithian, S. Values-Based Estate Planning – A Step by Step Approach to Wealth Transfer for Professional Advisors. John Wiley & Sons, 2000.
- Goldin, M. Why They Give: American Jews and Their Philanthropy. Macmillan Publishing Co., 1976.
- Hopkins, E. Collaborative Philanthropies – What Groups of Foundations Can Do That Individuals Cannot. Lexington Press, 2005.
- Jordan, R. & K. Quynn. Planned Giving – Management, Marketing and Law, John Wiley & Sons, 1994.
- Karoff, P. The World We Want: New Dimensions in Philanthropy and Social Change. Altamira Press, 2007.
- Levine, J. & L.A. Selik. Compelling Conversations for Fundraisers: Talk Your Way to Success with Donors and Funders, Chimayo Press, 2016.
- McCoy, J. & K. Miree. Family Foundation Handbook. CCH, a Wolters Kluwer Business, 2015.
- Mission-Related Investing, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors. 2008.
- Stanley, T. & W. Danko. The Millionaire Next Door. Longstreet Press, 2000.
- Stanton, W. Decoding Generational Differences. Next Generation Initiatives, Deloitte, 2008.
- Toce, J., B. Abbin, W. Pace, & M. Vorsatz. Tax Economics of Charitable Giving. Wealth and Tax Advisory Services, Inc., Thomson Reuters, 2017.