Wildfires are raging across Los Angeles in the West San Fernando and Conejo Valleys. At this moment, numerous neighborhoods are under mandatory evacuation.
If you or your loved ones are impacted by these fires and need information or assistance of any kind, please call the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles's Emergency Hotline at 323.761.8100 from 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
You can also meet with a professional in-person for counseling, financial and legal assistance, and more through The Federation's Ezra Network. These services are available Monday-Thursday from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and Friday from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. at The Jewish Federation, 19710 Ventura Blvd., Woodland Hills, CA 91364.
Beginning the week of November 19, the Ezra Network will also offer “Your Right to Know” — free, in-person and online information sessions providing answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding insurance, emergency benefits, and renter’s rights. To learn the dates and details of these info sessions, please visit The Jewish Federation’s website in the coming days.
Here are ways you can help and get information:
- Help Our Community Impacted by the Wildfires, Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles
The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles has created a directed fund to take critically-needed action to support our community’s institutions and individuals affected by the fires.
- Disaster Relief Fund, United Way of Greater Los Angeles
The United Way of Greater Los Angeles, in partnership with United Way of Ventura County, has created the Disaster Relief Fund to help low-income communities impacted by the Hill and Woolsey Fires.
The Los Angeles Fire Department Foundation is supporting first responders by providing hydration packs and other essential supplies as they combat the fires.
The Humane Society of Ventura County is helping animals displaced by the fires by providing sanctuary to domestic animals and livestock from evacuated areas.
To donate to any of the causes above via Donor Services Online click on the links below, or contact us at 323.761.8704 or by email.
- Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles -- make a note in the "Additional Information" section of your grant request designating Helping Our Community Impacted by the Wildfires.
- United Way of Greater Los Angeles -- make a note in the "Additional Information" section of your grant request designating Disaster Relief Fund.
- Los Angeles Fire Department Foundation
- Humane Society of Ventura County
- Southern California Grantmakers: California Wildfires Resources
- Northern California Grantmakers: California Fires How to Help
Looking for more customized funding opportunities to support the fire recovery efforts? Please contact our Center for Designed Philanthropy at 323.761.8705 or by email to learn more.