What is a Community Foundation?
A community foundation is a tax-exempt public charity that is dedicated to strengthening its community through charitable giving, and reducing the complexity and cost for donors to give to their chosen nonprofits and causes.
A community foundation can:
- help design a personalized plan for a donor
- quickly establish a fund in the donor's name
- provide skilled investment management of donor funds
- offer ongoing access to professional philanthropic expertise
- issue regular reports on investment performance
- process grant recommendations on a flexible schedule
- offer site visits and other educational opportunities to help make donors more effective philanthropists
- facilitate strategic collaborations among like-minded funders to respond to particular challenges (in the medical research or social service arena, for example)
To learn more about how you can make your giving more meaningful and effective, call (323) 761-8704 or email.