The Center for Designed Philanthropy strives to be your one-stop resource for information, education and community linkage. Use the links below to stay on top of the latest industry news, trends and tools.
If you don't see what you need here, contact us for more personalized advice and guidance: (323) 761-8705 or email.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy is a newspaper, in print and online, for grantmakers along with charity leaders, fundraisers, and others involved in the philanthropic enterprise. The Chronicle provides information on trends and key issues, profiles exemplary donors, highlights exceptional grantmaking, and discusses public policy related to charitable giving.
- Council on Foundations is a membership association of more than 2,000 grantmaking foundations and corporations whose mission is to promote responsible and effective grantmaking. The Council provides tools and leadership for philanthropic organizations to expand, enhance, and sustain their ability to advance the common good.
- Foundation Center is an independent national service organization established by foundations to provide an authoritative source of information on foundation and corporate giving.
- Giving USA Foundation founded by the Giving Institute (formerly American Association of Fundraising Counsel), publishes data and trends about charitable giving through its seminal publication, Giving USA, and quarterly newsletters on topics related to philanthropy.
- Grantmakers in Aging offers grantmakers focused on improving the quality of life for seniors with tools and information through an annual meeting, web-based materials, assorted publications, and information sharing among the network.
- Grantmakers for the Arts is dedicated to improving and strengthening arts philanthropy through an annual conference, a major periodical, research, and other convening and communication services. Its 1,300 members include individual donors and family foundations, as well as private, community, and corporate foundations, public sector grantmakers, and regranting organizations whose primary purpose is arts grantmaking.
- Grantmakers for Education comprised of more than 200 philanthropic organizations, is focused on strengthening philanthropy's capacity to improve educational outcomes for all students through information sharing, a directory for networking, a newsletter, workshops, and an annual conference.
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations is a coalition focused on enhancing and promoting grantmaking strategies and practices that contribute to grantee success through conferences, peer learning, research publications, and a web-based resource library. GEO represents more than 2,000 individual members at 350 grantmaking organizations committed to building strong and effective nonprofit organizations.
- Grantmakers in Health is dedicated to fostering communication and collaboration among grantmakers and to strengthening the grantmaking community's knowledge, skills, and effectiveness to improve the health of all people. GIH generates and disseminates information about health issues and grantmaking strategies in health by offering workshops, consultation on programmatic and operational issues, and by conducting studies of health philanthropy.
- Guidestar is a national database that provides grantmakers and the public programmatic and financial information about more than 1.8 million IRS-recognized American charitable nonprofit organizations. Database information, which is derived from organizations' 990 tax submissions to the IRS, includes brief descriptions of the nonprofit organizations and their programs, funding sources, geographic location(s), and income/asset statements.
- Internal Revenue Service provides information and forms for private foundations related to tax exemption and filing requirements under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).
- National Center for Family Philanthropy provides information to support the growth of effective family philanthropy. Subscribers have access to FP Online, a dual service comprising an online Knowledge Center and Teleconference Series.
- National Network of Consultants to Grantmakers provides a learning community and a forum for open discussion among consultants dedicated to strengthening philanthropy. The Network's mission is to increase the effectiveness and capacity of grantmakers by mobilizing and strengthening the work of experienced consultants.
- The Nonprofit Good Practice Guide is a free online service that provides comprehensive information on effective nonprofit management and innovative practices for both grantmakers and grantseekers. It includes articles on philanthropy and giving trends, grantmaking basics, ethics and accountability, and advocacy and legislative issues.
- Southern California Grantmakers is a regional membership association of private sector grantmakers whose mission is to support and advance effective and responsible philanthropy for the public good.