Jewish Communal Professionals of Southern California Celebrates 30th Annual Awards Dinner
(L-R) Dan Rothblatt, The Foundation's senior vice president, philanthropic services, receives recognition from Michael Hirschfeld, immediate past president of JCPSC.
photo courtesy of Franklin Berger
As stated by Bill Kaplan, Executive Director of the Shalom Institute in Malibu and current president of JCPSC, "The Jewish Communal Professionals of Southern California Awards were created in 1982 as a means to showcase the fledgling organization and to honor those exceptional professionals whose efforts went beyond their job descriptions. Today, we have six awards covering Career Achievement, Innovative programming, Professional Mentorship, Excellence in Fundraising, Achievement in Senior Adult Programming, Recent Professional Achievement, plus an occasional Special Award. In addition to the requirements of the specific awards, each individual honoree also embodies the standards of excellence for Jewish Communal Professionals outlined in our JCPSC Covenant of Jewish Professional Leadership. Our awardees are truly special individuals and exceptional professionals."
This year's honorees include nine outstanding professionals representing a broad range of professional services:
- Dan Rothblatt, Senior Vice President, Philanthropic Services, Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles was honored with a special award for his selfless service to the community in helping job seekers through his job list serve.
- Susan Medlowitz Belgrade, Director, Freda Mohr Multiservice Center of Jewish Family Service (JFS) L.A was honored with the Charles Mesnick award for Excellence in Senior Programming.;
- Elliot Friedland, Director of Major Gifts, Jewish Free Loan Association of Los Angeles was honored for Excellence in Fundraising;
- Dr. Gil Graff, Executive Director, BJE was honored with the Career Achievement Award;
- Rachel Donitz Kaplan and Debra Markovic, were honored with the Mark Meltzer Award for New and Innovative Programming for the BJE Concierge Program.
- Lori Klein, Assistant Director, School of Jewish Communal Service, Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, Los Angeles was honored with the Bobbi Asimow award for Professional Mentorship
- Monise Neumann, Director, March of the Living, BJE and Karen Rosenthal, Director of Shelter Services, JFS were honored with the Alan J. Kassin Award for Outstanding Professional Achievement.
The Jewish Communal Professionals of Southern California organization was formed in 1975. Its mission includes continuing education, professional development, mentoring, and networking. For more information about JCPSC, please visit www.JCPSoCal.org.